New Hope Group is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Manager to manage the daily business and farm operations of Acland Pastoral.
Reporting to the Acland Pastoral Manager will see you implementing and maintaining farm management plans and standards to achieve productivity and efficiencies, in a supportive team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Carry out the day to day operational aspects of the stock, pastoral and property management and maintenance activities with an emphasis on EU and Biosecurity compliance and adherence to safety and operational standards
- Participate in developing detailed monthly and annual budgets and reforecasts for Acland Pastoral farming activities.
- Adhere to established capital management processes for major capital
- Develop gross margins to manage cropping sequences in collaboration with agronomists when engaged
- Contribute to the setting of farm practices, including development programs, projected livestock increases versus livestock performance and contributing to the annual budget requirements in conjunction with management
- Forecast irrigation requirements and prepare Wetalla water supply schedule
- Report on crop conditions, crop yield, soil conditions, pest monitoring, noxious weed management and vehicle maintenance
- Maintain records and reports on stock performance and live weights, animal diagnostics, stock tallies (monthly stock reconciliation), rainfall and pest monitoring
- Implement the established solutions and programs to manage pest and feral animal problems on APC land
What you’ll bring:
- Practical experience in pastoral management with above average business acumen to ensure operational safety and financial performance is maximized
- Understanding or exposure to cattle and cropping
- Working knowledge of Biosecurity Management Systems, Coal Mining Safety & Health and WH & S Acts
- Practical working knowledge of the MS Suite with a strong bias towards MS Excel and Agriweb systems an advantage
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day
We believe the best business decisions and
innovations result from collaboration of ideas and opinions from people of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group
continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.