New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years. With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in agriculture, oil, port and exploration and are one of Australia’s top 200 ASX listed companies.
New Hope Group is currently seeking an experienced Stockhand to work within the Bengalla Agricultural Operation.
Bengalla Agricultural Company (BAC) is a farming, grazing and land management enterprise based at Bengalla, NSW. BAC oversees dryland and irrigated crops as well as running cattle as and when the opportunity arises.
You’re passionate about agriculture and have demonstrated relationship skills within a farming community and will have close interaction with an operating mine.
As well as the chance to develop skills and experience within the agricultural/pastoral world, responsibilities will see you carrying out the day to day operational aspects of the pastoral activities. To be successful in this role you will:
- Have had practical experience in livestock handling, farm machinery operation as well as demonstrated ability to carry out maintenance duties on fencing, irrigation equipment and a wide range of farm infrastructure
- Be an energetic and motivated team player;
- Be computer literate
- Must have current New South Wales LV and HV driver’s license
About the role
Based at Bengalla, you will be tasked with supporting the Agricultural Manager and Assistant Manager in all Bengalla Agricultural activities to meet business requirements and departmental objectives while developing the skills and knowledge that will see you able to;
- Handle cattle in a safe and humane manner as directed.
- Perform tractor operations and regular maintenance in accordance with machine guidelines to meet business needs.
- Prepare land for cropping and cultivation of crops
- Operate spraying equipment in accordance with label directions to ensure efficient and compliant operations.
- Operate and maintain irrigation equipment and farm implements.
- Ensure all practices are environmentally sound and are implemented in accordance with the corporate Environmental Management System requirements.
- Undertake all other activities within skill, training and competence as required by the Assistant Manager.
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.