Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located near Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
The CHPP Process Engineer is responsible for providing analysis and improvement support to the Bengalla Coal Preparation Plan. Inspecting and maintaining process health within the plants, processing data and analysing to identify and implement improvement ideas to enhance process efficiency and margin.
In this role, you will also:
- Provide technical direction to the CHPP Production and Maintenance teams to enable optimum process performance
- Perform coal tracking around CHPP area and assist with coal logistics
- Track raw and product coal quality over the mining lease
- Capture and analyse CHPP improvement ideas
- Progress improvement ideas with relevant CHPP staff and track outcomes
- Support the monitoring and reporting of Process measures and KPIs
- Provide advice and learning to MRU management on Process Improvement
- Contribute to budgeting processes
- Actively support and promote the concept of internal and external customer relationships
- Support provision of a safe working environment, which at minimum complies with the Bengalla safety system, OH&S Act, Coal Mines Regulation Act and other relevant legislation
- Effectively carry out accountabilities of a Contract Supervisor under the Contractor Management Standard as required, including the Management of Contractors in accordance with Contractor Management Standard A09.
What you’ll need
- Tertiary qualifications in Mineral Processing Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry or related discipline
- Experience in coal or minerals processing with a focus on process optimisation and efficiency
- Experience in dense medium and gravity separation processes.
- Sound knowledge of Bengalla Safety systems, OH&S and relevant Australian Standards
- Process measurement and optimization skills.
- Well-developed data interpretation and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral & written.
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent computer literacy (particularly Excel)
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.