New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years. With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in agriculture, oil, port and exploration and are one of Australia’s top 200 ASX listed companies.
You’re skilled in the world of social media and online content and looking for the challenge that can only be offered through working in the communications team of New Hope Group. You relish the opportunity to be involved in enticing works such as driving our community/stakeholder engagement strategies and supporting wider digital marketing initiatives and events.
As well as the chance to use your degree in Public Relations, communications (or another related field), to be successful you will also have;
- Demonstrated skills and strong ability in strategic and tactical use of all available social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Experience working in a professional communications or public relations environment
- Competent in Adobe suite of products including Premier Pro and Indesign
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to meet new people and learn about the industry
- Ideally, you will have had experience working in resources or other heavy industries
About the role
Based at the New Hope Group corporate office in Brookwater (with a move to the Brisbane CBD planned in the coming year), this fixed-term, maternity cover role (with potential for permanency for the right person) will see you having regular interaction with our operating sites near Toowoomba, Ipswich, Bowen Basin and the Hunter Valley and will assist the Senior Digital Media Advisor in delivering New Hope’s social media and online content strategy which involves:
- Being responsible for the maintenance and updating of the Company’s websites and social media platforms (digital platforms), including the creating, editing, and publishing of online content.
- Creating and designing traditional collateral such as brochures, posters and advertisements and liaise with external graphic designers, advertising agencies and news outlets.
- Engaging with users who interact with the Company’s digital platforms including responding to messages, comments, enquiries etc. all while using the company's voice, values and guidelines.
- Working with all other departments and sites in the Company, to coordinate and execute digital campaigns to fit in to the overall marketing, promotional and External Affairs goals of the organization and align with online trends and media attention.
- Being responsible for the production process of video content to be shared on the Company’s digital platforms.
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation