Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately nine million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineering Specialist to join the Bengalla team on a Permanent, Fulltime basis.
In this role, you will be an extremely important part of the mining operations.
Reporting to the Asset Management Superintendent, you will:
- Lead site compliance regarding electrical safety by developing, implementing, auditing and reviewing site electrical procedures and practices
- Supervise, support and assign tasks to the Mine and CHPP Electrical Engineers
- Provide guidance and support for the life cycle of electrical equipment and installations at the mine, including daily maintenance engineering support
- Hold and perform in the statutory position of Electrical Engineer as per the NSW WHSMP legislation
What you’ll need
- A Degree or Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Practicing Certificate for Electrical Engineer (surface mines)
- A high level of understanding relating to the technical aspects of electrical safety in mining
- A well-developed understanding of WHS legislation, particularly relating to mines
- Familiarity with core Australian Standards relevant to electrical equipment and installations in mines
- Excellent leadership skills including strong task management skills and communication skills
- Practical knowledge of mobile and fixed plant electrical infrastructure that is operated within an open cut mining environment
- Experience in operating and maintaining a High Voltage reticulation network.
- Qualifications and experience in Root Cause investigation methodology, project management, Trainer and Assessor and G2 (Risk Management) would be ideal also
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, salary continuance insurance and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Closing date: 28 July 2019
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.