New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years.
With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in, oil, port, exploration and agriculture and are one of Australia’s top 200 ASX listed companies.
New Hope Group is looking for a field based Geophysical Logger, who will be primarily involved in the collection of borehole geophysical data from daily exploration activities. The roster pattern for this role will be 14 days on 14 days off, located at various mine sites and exploration projects.
To be successful in this role, you will be responsible for;
- Ensuring all geophysical logging activities are completed efficiently and are completed in a timely manner, to meet business requirements and departmental objectives.
- Participating in the implementation and management of New Hope Exploration’s Safety & Health Management System and safety initiatives to ensure effective and compliant operations.
- Ensuring the geophysical logging equipment is operated safely in accordance with the New Hope Group’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Guidelines and the Radiation Safety & Protection Plan (RSPP) as required.
- Maintaining New Hope Exploration’s geophysical logging equipment in accordance with relevant procedures to meet operational requirements.
- Overseeing and ensuring the security, validity and quality control checks are undertaken for all geophysical data, prior to been handed over to the geology team.
- Holding relevant qualifications to be the appointed New Hope Exploration Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) and assist the appointed RSO as required.
What you’ll bring:
- Commitment to safe production and a positive, can-do attitude which will be a part of alignment to New Hope’s Core Values
- Enjoy working in the field, within a close knit exploration team
- Experience working in coal exploration, preferably in Queensland and New South Wales basins
- Strong communication skills, time management and attention to detail
- Relevant experience in geophysical logging desirable
- A current Radiation use licence and Radiation Safety Officer Certificate or willingness to obtain both, are required in this position.
- Valid ‘C’ class drivers licence
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity.
New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.
Applications close 22nd September 2019.