Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment. Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley, and supplies international markets with approximately eight million tonnes of thermal coal per annum.
Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Health and Safety Specialist to join the Health & Safety Team. It is a dynamic department supporting all teams across site from drill and blast to processing and train load out, working hard to ensure our people have the training and tools to work safely and arrive home as safe and healthy as they left for work that day.
Working a day shift Monday to Friday roster and reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for the creation, implementation, coordination and review of health and safety initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Completing timely and accurate reporting in line with requirements
- Analysing and interpreting statistical data to develop and implement Health and Safety programs
- Facilitating the return to work and injury management processes
- Providing training and assistance to site personnel in the use of WH&S management systems pertaining to Health and Safety
- Assisting with the implementation of any new/revised Health and Safety standards, as well as the ongoing maintenance of existing standards and procedures
- Coordinating the site health monitoring, occupational hygiene monitoring and medical surveillance program
- Coordinating drug and alcohol testing program
Qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Health and Safety
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and Drivers Licence
- Return to Work Coordinator Qualification
- Demonstrated experience in a similar health and safety focussed role within heavy industry
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing successful health and safety initiatives
- Knowledge of relevant work health and safety legislation
- Understanding and demonstrated ability to apply risk management processes and procedures (in particular critical risk management)
- Knowledge of how characteristics of the workforce impact on the management of work health and safety
- High level of computer skills and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage and influence all levels of the business
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and dynamic team at Bengalla Mining Company and opportunities such as this are few within the region. Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact the Recruitment Team on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.