Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located near Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
The Mining Engineer is responsible for supporting the delivery of efficient and cost effective dump planning and other project works on the Bengalla mine site.
In this role, you will also:
- Deliver optimised schedules ensuring consistent coal flow and blasted material
- Optimise truck dumping sequences and analyse truck productivity
- Deliver best practice communication and stakeholder engagement to support the short term planning process
- Identification of value add improvement initiatives
- Support the business continuous improvement focus
What you’ll need
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering – Bachelor of Engineering (Mining Engineering)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in mine planning in an Open Cut Coal Mining environment
- Solid understanding of WHS Policies and Procedures
- Proven skills in the decision-making process and problem-solving capabilities within an Open-Cut mining environment
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.