New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years. With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in agriculture, oil, port and exploration and are one of Australia’s top 200 ASX listed companies.
With ongoing growth and project implementation requirements, New Hope Group is expanding our Technology Project function. Ensuring support to a best practice Project Office within the Technology Group, as the Project Support Officer, you will leverage your experience in working in a specialist project group as an integral part of delivering technology projects
Based at the New Hope Group Corporate Office in Brookwater, with an identified move to the Brisbane CBD in mid-2020, your role will require regular interaction with our operating sites near Toowoomba, Ipswich and the Hunter Valley in an exciting phase of our organisation, where you will:
- Lead small and medium projects as part of the overall New Hope Group Portfolio of work as well as participate in larger programs and projects.
- Work with stakeholders to create feasible and fully integrated project plans that achieve the goals and objectives of the project in alignment with New Hope Group’s strategy.
- Document and manage all core project artefacts including business case, execution plan, operational readiness, completion report, benefits realisation plan, steering committee packs and regular status reports.
- Define and manage overall project deliverables including RAID log, decisions register, financial workbooks and detailed project plans.
- Continuously work with business, technical and control teams to ensure that decisions are made, and solutions are aligned, robust and appropriate.
- Manage all aspects of the project budget including forecasts and estimates.
To be successful in your role as Project Support Officer, you will need:
- A minimum 3 years’ experience delivering end-to-end project realisation of business improvement technology
- Experience and understanding of “Cloud” service delivery models and architectures - desirable
- Project Management certification from either PMI (PMP), AIPM (CPSPM) or Prince2 - desirable
- Strong interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills that build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships across all levels
- High level organisational skills and attention to detail, with excellent verbal and written ability.
- Ability to maintain control and morale of project teams and direct reports
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.
Applications close 6/10/2019