Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately nine million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
The Senior Environmental Advisor is responsible for supporting the delivery of the Bengalla site environmental policy, objectives, goals and statutory requirements.
In this role, you will also:
- Coordinate environmental activities and including impact assessment, monitoring programs and the facilitation of land access requirements
- Participate in the development and implementation of Bengalla’s Environmental Management System.
- Prepare accurate environmental performance and compliance reports as required
- Contribute to improving community and government relations by attending relevant meetings and liaising with local community, government representatives and non-government organisations and reviewing/concluding environmental complaints and incidents.
- Engage and direct consultants as required to assist with environmental activities
- Keep up to date with legislative changes, political trends and community actions that may affect the business and provide accurate advice on Bengalla’s operations regarding statutory environmental requirements.
- Develop and maintain environmental awareness training for employees and contractors.
- Be responsible for consultant and contractor management within their accountabilities.
What you’ll need
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, a related discipline or extensive relevant experience.
- Practical environmental management experience in large-scale open cut mines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in consultant and contractor supervision.
- Knowledge of NSW environmental regulatory framework.
- Ability to liaise with government agencies and the community
- High level of computer literacy and competency E.g. RTEMS and Mapinfo
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, salary continuance insurance and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.