Who we are
Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Medium Term Mine Planning Superintendent, the Senior Mine Geologist will be required to:
- Manage tenement obligations
- Be the key site-based contact for safe and productive pre-production and exploration drilling programmes
- Manage geological databases and models and be able to generate short term geological models (Vulcan)
- Develop and maintain reconciliation systems to measure and manage resource/reserve modelling and recovery
- Identify, develop and implement strategies for improving resource understanding and utilisation including improvement projects aimed at reducing contamination and maximising coal recovery
- Engage with relevant site stakeholders and facilitate the provision of relevant geological information
- Drive a positive & collaborative team environment
Who you are
- You will have a Degree in Applied Geology or related discipline is essential
- Your experience will include Open Cut Coal mining geology, Hunter valley knowledge is preferred.
- Not only will you have demonstrated leadership ability, you will have the ability to candidly provide and receive meaningful feedback and to supervise consultants and contractors
- You will be able to understand and provide for customer requirements (primarily production teams)
- You will have strong written and oral communication skills, numerical analysis and data validation skills
- Your planning, organising and data management skills are highly regarded
- You will be extremely adept with a variety of computer software packages (Microsoft Suite, Geological Modelling packages (Vulcan is preferred))
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well-being of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Closing date for applications - 23 February 2020