New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years. With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in agriculture, oil, port and exploration and are one of Australia’s top 200 ASX listed companies.
With ongoing growth and project implementation requirements, New Hope Group is expanding our Technology Project function. Ensuring the development of a best practice Project Office within the Technology Group (including the growth and implementation of an appropriate project lifecycle for the maturity and complexity of our organization), the Senior Project Manager will lead a small team and be a key stakeholder and integral interface between New Hope Group users and other members of the Technology Group.
Based at the New Hope Group Corporate Office in Brookwater, with an identified move to the Brisbane CBD in mid-2020, your role will require regular interaction with our operating sites near Toowoomba, Ipswich and the Hunter Valley in an exciting phase of our organisation, where you will:
- Provide leadership and hands-on support to deliver Technology projects according to New Hope Group’s best practice methodology
- Establish and lead project teams which deliver a high performance customer orientated service.
- Develop and implement all necessary business processes for the successful governance and delivery of both application and infrastructure projects.
To be successful in your role as Senior Project Manager, you will need:
- Project Management certification from either PMI (PMP), AIPM (CPSPM) or Prince2
- Minimum 10 years’ experience delivering end-to-end project realisation of business improvement technology
- Experience and understanding of "Cloud" service delivery models and architectures
- Strong interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills that build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships across all levels
- Proven track record of effective client and vendor management and maintaining a strong commercial focus with decision making
- Experience in facilitating vendor RFI/RFP from vendor identification through to selection, together with resulting contract and SOW negotiation
- High level organisational skills and attention to detail, with excellent verbal and written ability.
- Ability to maintain control and morale of project teams and direct reports
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.
Applications close 6/10/2019