Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately nine million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
We are currently seeking experienced Stores Officers to join the Bengalla team on a Permanent, Fulltime basis.
In this role, you will be an extremely important part of the warehousing and relevant workflow as you receive, receipt, and catalogue, identify and dispatch goods following established work processes. Working closely with all areas of the site, you will understand and meet their needs to ensure effective execution of the sites operational plan whilst seeking to continuously improve the warehouse area and its systems to achieve quality and efficiency.
To be a great Bengalla Stores officer, you will;
- Manage incoming deliveries and ensure appropriate receipting and storage is adhered to
- Ensure housekeeping of the store/warehouse and compound areas is kept to a high level
- Review relevant plans and generate associated paperwork while investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Manage and process any returns and related credits while ensuring that health and safety is maintained
- Model Bengalla’s expected behaviours of Zero Harm, Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork will be at the heart of everything you do.
What you’ll need
- Forklift Ticket – high risk licence
- Certificate IV in warehousing and logistics (or similar) is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a warehouse inventory environment
- Computer experience – Basic to intermediate level (Microsoft suites)
- Familiarity with Computer Maintenance Management Systems (Pulse or similar)
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong safety focus with a demonstrated ability to promote and encourage safety
- Ability to take and give direction
- Team orientated player that seeks to raise the skill level of colleagues
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a process
- Ability to accept new ideas and embrace change
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Applications close 22nd September