Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for leading the department to ensure the provision of mine plans, budgets, coal quality control, environmental management and other technical advice to ensure Bengalla operates in a highly competitive, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
In this role, you will also:
- Lead the Technical Services department with clarity of role and tasks, in order to achieve business goals, develop individuals and increase team capability.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and leadership in areas of business performance, technical systems, improvement opportunities and benchmarking.
- Ensure that mine production, CHPP and coal shipping requirements can be achieved by producing robust mine designs, plans and schedules and monitoring performance against plan.
- Manage the AOP, Five Year, LOM and short-term planning processes in line with business and stakeholder requirements and maintain alignment between all levels of planning.
- Develop and apply systems and KPI measures for accurately monitoring operational performance and presenting meaningful technical and financial analysis of results.
- Drive a positive & collaborative team environment that celebrates success & promotes continuous learning
What you’ll bring:
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Open Cut mining experience in coal operations
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- Strong leadership capability and mentoring others
- Sound focus on safety systems and knowledge of relevant Australian OHS Standards
- Mine Managers Certificate would be advantageous
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, salary continuance insurance and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.