New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years. With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in agriculture, oil, port and exploration and are one of Australia’s top 200 ASX listed companies.
New Hope Group is building its strategic focus on its technology requirements. This newly-made role will see you driving an Innovation agenda in Technology in what is a very exciting growth phase for New Hope Group.
Based at our Corporate Office in Brookwater (with a move to Brisbane CBD scheduled for March/April), you will be required to have regular interaction with our operating sites near Toowoomba, Ipswich and the Hunter Valley.
About the role
As the Technology Infrastructure lead, you will report to the General Manager – Technology and will assist in leading a proactive approach to New Hope’s technology implementation which involves:
- Putting user experience at the heart of the New Hope Group Technology Infrastructure Portfolio
- Developing and maintaining a ‘next’ practice Infrastructure management framework within the Technology Group including the development and implementation of an appropriate infrastructure lifecycle for the maturity and complexity of the organisation.
- Delivering a secure and reliable infrastructure platform aligned with the company’s overall financial and corporate strategy as part of the Technology Group
- Embedding the necessary change control processes for the successful governance and delivery of system changes in the Infrastructure team
To be successful as our proactive Technology Infrastructure Lead, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or related field or minimum 10 years’ experience in IT infrastructure management
- ITIL Foundation qualifications desirable
- Extensive knowledge of technology such as Microsoft, Cisco and VMware. As well as experience with storage area networks, WAN acceleration, virtualization, firewalls and routers
- Strong interpersonal communication, consultation and stakeholder management skills that will build and sustain a productive team within the Technology Group
- Proven track record of effective vendor management and maintaining a strong commercial focus with decision making including experience in the RFI/RFP process
- Experience in managing a helpdesk system and team to meet SLAs
- High level organisational skills and attention to detail, with excellent verbal and written ability.
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.
Applications close 23/02/2020