Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located four kilometres south-west of Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open cut coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
Bengalla Mine is seeking an experienced HR Officer to join the on-site HR Team. As a HR generalist, you will be a key contact for both employee’s and leaders within the business, providing support and advice on the full employee lifecycle.
In this role:
- You will be the main point of contact for HR related enquires onsite, as well as providing HR administration services.
- Facilitate recruitment process to ensure customer care during the recruitment and on-boarding processes, including the Bengalla Mine Vacation student program.
- Assist with HR policy interpretation and implementation, provide support to leaders in performance management cases and draft performance management documents.
- Provide employee assistance through the Employee Assistance Program and the Peer Support program.
What you’ll need
- Ability to respectfully challenge the status quo and drive performance
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong detail oriented, administrative skills
- Demonstrated relationship building capability
- Human Resources qualifications (tertiary or other) or a similar discipline
- Planning, decision-making, and problem-solving capability
- Professional Manner and a ‘Can Do’ Attitude
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging and self-education assistance, we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.