Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Bengalla is an open cut coal mine located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW that offers a residential lifestyle. Operational since 1999 Bengalla supplies international markets with approximately nine million tonnes of thermal coal per annum and has a development consent for the operation to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
We are currently seeking experienced Maintenance Technicians with either Mechanical or HV Electrical skills to join the Bengalla team on a Permanent, Fulltime basis.
In this role, you will execute preventive and corrective maintenance tasks on plant and equipment, safely and effectively.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Inspection, fault finding, servicing and defect elimination of Bengalla’s heavy mining equipment fleets to satisfy appropriate governing standards
- Performing scheduled maintenance, statutory testing and electrical installations
- Ensuring all work completed is to the highest standard to ensure fleet reliability
- Providing assistance in the development and improvement of the maintenance strategies
- Complying with Bengalla’s Health, Safety & Environmental procedures at all times
What you’ll need
To be successful, you will need:
- Mechanical or Electrical Trade Qualification (Diesel Fitter, Plant Mechanic, HV Electrician)
- High Voltage Switching accreditation or willingness to complete qualification (HV Electrician)
- Experience with maintenance of mining equipment is essential - ideally Hitachi, Cat and Komatsu
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound computer skills
- Excellent work quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a small friendly team with a collaborative approach
- Focus on continuous improvement, working safely and meeting environmental standards
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, salary continuance insurance and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.