Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located four kilometres south-west of Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
The Mining Engineer is responsible for supporting the delivery of efficient and cost-effective technical mine planning and project works on the Bengalla mine site.
In this role, you will also:
- Develop dig and dump designs for excavators in a CAD package (Vulcan preferred)
- Design mine haul roads and ramps to comply with standards.
- Use SPRY scheduling tools to sequence mining activities
- Maximise rehabilitation by dumping suitable material to planned sequence.
- Identify improvement initiatives and provide support in achieving improvement.
- Improve and develop role over time
What you’ll need
- Ability to respectfully challenge the status quo and drive performance
- Open Cut mine planning experience with well-developed knowledge of relevant mining legislation and industry practice
- High level judgement, decision-making and problem-solving capability
- Professional level written and oral communication skills and numerical analysis and data validation skills
- Sound focus on safety systems and knowledge of relevant Australian OHS Standards
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Computer Skills (spreadsheets, scheduling packages, mine design packages)
- Professional Manner and a ‘Can Do’ Attitude
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging and self-education assistance, we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.