Bengalla Mining Company (a member of the New Hope Group) is a joint venture with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity, and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment. Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley.
Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
About the Role
The Bengalla Production team currently have multiple opportunities for Production Technicians with Excavator AND Dozer skills with the Bengalla team on a Permanent, Fulltime basis. Working a 12.5 hour rotating 7 day/night roster and reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe, productive and efficient operation of a variety of Mobile Mining Equipment.
What you’ll need
To be successful, you will need:
- Proven experience and operator competency in all of the following pieces of equipment:
- Excavator (preferable Hitachi EX3600 or EX5600)
- Haul Truck
- 5 or more recent years’ experience in operating Mobile Mining Equipment within an Open Cut Coal Mine
- Proven safety record, "zero harm" attitude and ability to comply with safety and environmental standards
- Strong understanding of key operational targets/metrics and the drive to meet these targets
- A strong and reliable work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maximize production opportunities and continually strive for improvement in your work area
- High attention to detail and precision in executing tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team focused with a proactive "can do" approach to work challenges.
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging and self-education assistance, we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.