New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in Southeast Queensland for more than 60 years. With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in agriculture, oil, port, and exploration.
You’re skilled in the world of business systems, analysis of data and thrive on innovation and driving business process improvement and efficiencies. You relish the opportunity to be involved in tangible works such as helping analyse business processes; then translating the business needs into technical requirements and making recommendations as a subject matter expert.
As well as the chance to use your background in business process modelling, to be successful you will also have;
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate between system vendors and end users
- Experience with ERP systems, Enterprise reporting and Electronic Forms
- Providing both Functional and Technical Support with the support of external providers
- Experience working on cross functional business systems transformation projects
- Analytical mindset and high attention to detail
- Power BI skills would be highly regarded
- SCADA System and IoT knowledge also highly regarded
About the role
Reporting to IT Manager, based at the corporate office in Brisbane CBD, you will have regular interaction with our operating sites near Toowoomba, Port of Brisbane, Sydney, Bowen Basin, and the Hunter Valley. This role requires a combination of technical and functional business focus, and you will support day to day operations for our existing systems, as well as working on projects relating to new systems and process automation all the way through to implementation.
In this role you will:
- Be a trusted partner to the business and facilitate change through delivering solutions which enable the technology systems to support evolving business requirements
- Provide quality ongoing support and accurate advice to New Hope staff in relation to business systems in a timely and effective manner
- Develop, review and support the change of business processes, including developing and updating business process documentation.
- Active involvement in ERP System, Reporting Platform and Electronic Form roadmap development
- Performing integrity checks and audits on New Hope business systems in a timely manner to ensure minimal failures within New Hope systems
- Performing compliance checks and audits to ensure account management is maintained within New Hope IT Policies.
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.