- Join a small, close-knit, and committed team
- Opportunity to grow your WHS career
- Port of Brisbane based role
We are seeking a motivated Health and Safety Advisor to join the team at Queensland Bulk Handling (QBH) export coal terminal (part of New Hope Group). Your strategic ideas will be welcomed as we strive for continuous improvement as part of our everyday business.
Commissioned in 1983, Queensland Bulk Handling (QBH) is Brisbane’s leading bulk handling facility. Through strong relationships with key stakeholders, QBH has gained an international reputation as one of the nation’s most reliable, efficient and safe bulk handling export terminals.
Our small, high performing team prioritises high quality processes, excellent customer service and delivers maximum value for customers whilst enjoying comradery gained from success.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a passionate Health & Safety (WHS) Advisor to join our team. Working directly with the site Leadership and Production Teams, you will enjoy a variety of work and no one day will be the same. If you enjoy a challenge and a positive team player approach – we want to hear from you!
Based at our Port of Brisbane operations and reporting to the General Manager, you will:
You will be responsible for:
- Development and maintenance of QBH Safety Management System to meet statutory and operational safety requirements
- Ensuring that QBH Port Security Plans are developed, communicated, and implemented
- Providing advice and support to the team to ensure a safe and secure working environment and compliance with relevant Federal, State and Port of Brisbane regulations
- Develops the requisite training systems and plans required for all QBH employees
Qualifications and experience you’ll need to meet the requirements of the role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 2+ years site based WHS experience, preferably in heavy industry
- Formal tertiary qualification in WHS
- Have a current First Aid and CPR
- Rehabilitation coordinator experience would be advantageous
- Professional, strong verbal and written communication skills with engaging and effective interpersonal skills
- Have a real passion for looking after your workmates, and
- Have the ability to focus on what is important now and deliver health and safety messaging in a practical and consultative manner
If you meet the above criteria and are looking to continue your career in WHS, we really want to hear from you! The position is open for an immediate start – don’t wait…apply today!
We are committed to fostering a culture which supports diversity and inclusiveness. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.