New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years. With a focus on coal, we also have interests in agriculture, oil and port and are one of Australia’s top 250 ASX listed companies.
New Hope is currently seeking an experienced Station Hand to work within the Acland Pastoral Company, a farming, grazing and land management enterprise located at Acland QLD.
About the role:
You will be tasked with supporting New Hope Agriculture Manager and Acland Pastoral Team Lead in all agricultural activities while developing the skills and knowledge that will see you:
- Work safely in accordance with APC’s Workplace Health and Safety Management Plan
- Ensure all practices are implemented in accordance with Environmental Management Safety requirements
- Adhere to documented standards with a strong emphasis on Biosecurity compliance
- Carry out all facets of cattle handling in a safe and humane manner
- Operate tractors and associated implements and infrastructure and carry out regular maintenance on the same
- Assist with paddock fallow, planting, and cultivation processes
- Maintain accurate records with an emphasis on the provision of accurate and timely data
- Operate and maintain irrigation equipment
What you’ll bring:
You’re passionate about agriculture, have demonstrated relationship skills within a farming community and will have close interaction with an
operating mine. You will bring:
- Practical experience in livestock handling and farm machinery operation
- A history of being an energetic and motivated team player
- Working knowledge of MS Suite: Word and Excel, and
- A current driver’s licence
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity.
This is a great opportunity to join our professional and friendly team. Enjoy the benefits that come from working with New Hope Group - a company where values matter, people are important and diversity is valued.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.