Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%). Our focus is on producing thermal coal for the Asian market profitably, safely, with a strong community and environmental performance.
Bengalla operational since 1999 is located near Muswellbrook in the NSW Hunter Valley producing approximately twelve million ROM tonnes of thermal coal per annum. The development consent for the operation provides mine life to 2039 at up to 15 million ROM tonnes per annum.
The Bengalla way is focussed on a value driven culture enabling a professional and rewarding work environment.
The Upper Hunter is a rural locality with access to excellent health and educational facilities and close to Newcastle Australis’s sixth largest coastally located city.
The Senior Environmental Advisor supports the continued delivery of the Bengalla approvals platform.
In this role, you will also:
- Plan and coordinate environmental activities (including environmental monitoring programs).
- Prepare accurate environmental performance and compliance reports as required.
- Contribute to improving community and government relations by assessing and responding to community complaints and environmental incidents.
- Engage and direct contractors and consultants as required to assist with environmental activities.
- Assist with management and maintenance of Real Time Environmental Monitoring Systems.
What you’ll need
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, a related discipline or extensive relevant experience.
- Practical environmental management experience in large-scale open cut mines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in consultant and contractor supervision.
- Knowledge of NSW environmental regulatory framework.
- Ability to liaise with the community.
- High level computer literacy and competency E.g. RTEMS and Mapinfo
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their well-being. Our employee benefits program includes subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, salary continuance insurance and gym memberships.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your career by joining the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.