Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
The Senior Mining Engineer (Medium Term Planning) is responsible for supporting the delivery of the Bengalla medium term planning requirements.
In this role, you will also:
- Lead the 22-week planning process by coordinating technical, maintenance, production, CHPP and marketing input and providing analysis on output.
- Lead the quarterly forecasting and annual planning forecast process to deliver robust achievable plans and best practice stakeholder engagement
- Provide insightful review of performance metrics to include in the 22-week planning assumptions process, and budget process.
- Identify improvement initiatives and threats to the plan and provide support in achieving improvement.
- Drive tactical, strategic and optimisation planning to add value to Bengalla through innovative and technically sound mine planning
- Ensure infrastructure strategy is optimised and supports pit progression requirements
- Ensuring the adequacy of the medium and long term mine and dump designs.
- Drive a positive & collaborative team environment that celebrates success & promotes continuous learning
What you’ll need
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Open Cut mine planning experience with sound knowledge of relevant mining legislation and industry practice
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Sound focus on safety systems and knowledge of relevant Australian OHS Standards
- Strong numerical analysis and data validation skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Computer Skills (Excel, scheduling packages, mine design packages)
- Driver’s Licence
- ‘Can Do’ Attitude
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment
- A culture of Ownership and problem solving
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, salary continuance insurance and gym memberships we make the health, safety, and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.