Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity, and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment. Operational since 1999, Bengalla is in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley, and supplies approximately 10 Mtpa to international markets.
Bengalla is an open cut coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
Reporting to the CHPP Production Supervisor, we are seeking skilled CHPP Technicians to join the CHPP Production Team. The CHPP Production Team is a multi-discipline team that is responsible for operation of all areas of the Coal handling and Preparation Plant.
Working closely with the broader CHPP team, the CHPP Production Technician plays a pivotal role in ensuring safe coal production and coal delivery.
Using your knowledge and skills, you are enabled to take ownership, prioritise and plan tasks safely, efficiently and cost effectively as well as identify and action improvement opportunities that you see fit.
Working a 4 Panel roster – 12.5 hour rotating day and night shift you will be responsible for:
- Operation and Inspection of the CHPP areas to ensure safe coal production is achieved
- Ensuring the coal production process is continuously optimised
- Perform first response breakdown maintenance as required
- Comply with site procedures and instructions to ensure safe and consistent delivery of the CHPP production targets
- Participate in CHPP improvement processes as required
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the CHPP
- Complying with Bengalla’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures at all times
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Mechanical or Electrical Trade Qualification
- Proven CHPP or other heavy industry experience
- Have a strong safety and risk management focus
- Be an effective team player with a positive attitude and good work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound computer skills
- Excellent work quality and attention to detail
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement, working safely and meeting environmental standards.
What We Offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, salary continuance and gym memberships we make the health, safety, and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company and opportunities such as this are few within the region.