- ASX listed organisation
- Residential role 45 mins from Toowoomba
- Join the operation at an exciting time of growth
The New Acland Coal Mine (NAC), a thin seam open cut mining operation is owned and managed by New Hope Group. NAC based in Acland, 35km north-west of Toowoomba, has played a key role in the Darling Downs region as an employer and economic contributor since it began operation in October 2002.
New Acland Coal is currently looking for an enthusiastic degree qualified Engineer to join our on-site Technical Services team. With experience either in mining, or with a civil background, you will be a committed team player who is keen to learn and work with a small but experience team of engineering professionals, providing excellent solutions focused support to the production team.
With an opportunity to live and work locally in the Darling Downs (Toowoomba or Western Downs regions) or be willing to relocate to this region you will be committed to delivering engineering support that drives the success of the NAC site.
To be considered you must have/ demonstrate:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Civil or Mining).
- Experience in SPRY or Vulcan Software packages (preferred but not essential)
- A can-do attitude willing to work across all areas of the Technical Services Department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and MS Project
- Sound analytical skills
- Driver’s License.
About the role
Working as part of the Technical Services team and reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent this role will assist in the short to mid-term planning of the NAC mine.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and deliver the Weekly Production Plan on time, which will include Design & Scheduling Components.
- Develop and deliver the 2 Weekly Production Schedule on time.
- Assist in Data Management & Reporting
- Assist in Drill & Blast Planning & Design
- Assist in Geology and short-term coal scheduling.
- Assist in Survey when required
What is in it for you?
- Excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience
- Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
- Discounted health insurance and salary packaging
- Working for an organisation who is committed to the prosperity of the local community.
- Career development through structured programs and diversified on the job work experiences.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.