- ASX listed organisation
- Residential role 45 mins from Toowoomba
- Join the operation at an exciting time of growth
The New Acland Coal Mine (NAC), a thin seam open cut mining operation is owned and managed by New Hope Group. NAC based in Acland, 35km north-west of Toowoomba, has played a key role in the Darling Downs region as an employer and economic contributor since it began operation in October 2002.
New Acland Coal is seeking an experienced Geologist to join the Technical Services Team based on site. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager and working on site this role is integral in partnering with production to ensure a safe and efficient delivery of operations on site.
You will have demonstrated experience and qualifications in the following areas:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology and/or Geotechnical Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills with an ability to work across all departments including Technical Services and Production
- Demonstrated experience working in an Open Cut Coal mining environment, especially in identifying and managing geological hazards.
- Demonstrated experience with in at least one relational data base software package (preferably Vulcan).
- Understanding of Coal Mining Safety & Health Legislation.
- A commitment to working safely and promoting a safety culture.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform geotechnical inspections with OCE’s, maintain geotechnical databases and provide weekly Geotechnical Hazard Reports and Presentations to ensure communication of geotechnical risk on site.
- Develop, review, and interpret geological and geotechnical models.
- Production tracking and capture of accurate coal mining data to support the reconciliation process
- Track and report on coal movement daily from the pit to the coal handling and preparation plant and maintain tracking records
- Liaise with all relevant internal stakeholders to enhance coordination between the Technical Services, mining and Preparation Plant departments and maintain strong working relationships with personnel
- Manage geotechnical hazards that may arise in cooperation with the operations team.
- Fulfill support of geotechnical responsibilities as outlined in the Geotechnical PHMP
What is in it for you?
- Excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience
- Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
- Discounted health insurance and salary packaging
- Working for an organisation who is committed to the prosperity of the local community.
- Career development through structured programs and diversified on the job work experiences.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.